Mar 02, 2020 Get all the videos you like for offline watching! Download all the videos you want with the simple and smart downloader! Get it for your PC or Mac or Android. AlternativeTo is a free service that helps you find better alternatives to the products you love and hate. The site is made by Ola and Markus in Sweden, with a lot of help from our friends and colleagues in Italy, Finland, USA, Colombia, Philippines, France and contributors from all over the world. That's right, all the lists of alternatives are crowd-sourced, and that's what makes the data. This free video downloader for Mac will change your life for the better. With it, you can save your favorite YouTube videos and view them whenever you want. YTD for Mac is very easy to use, and the interface is user-friendly. All you have to do is copy and paste the link to the YouTube video that you want in the software.
- Fastest Free Youtube Downloader Mac 2012 Download
- Fastest Free Youtube Downloader Mac 2012 Download
- Best Free Youtube Downloader For Mac
The free version is loaded with tons of features and is perfect for those who don’t download content from the Internet on a regular basis. Upgrading to Folx PRO, however, will offer you a ton of awesome features.
- • Folx allows you to assign each of your downloads with “tags” that identify the type of content you’re downloading and then save that content into a specific folder on your harddrive.
- • Folx is one of only two download managers for Mac that offers full torrent client compatibility. You can assign Folx as your primary torrent downloader, and it will open every time you download a new torrent. Folx also allows you to use magnet links to download torrents.
- • Folx PRO allows you to set automatic speed control on your downloads, based on the priority of the downloads.
- • Folx PRO lets you schedule downloads at specific times. If you work from your computer during the day, you probably don’t want Internet downloads slowing down your processor and using up your Internet bandwidth. Folx PRO allows you to schedule downloads to begin when you’re away from your computer.
- • Folx PRO has the capability to split your downloads into multiple threads, which can significantly improve the speed at which they download.
- • Folx PRO is fully compatible with Apple Music (formerly iTunes).
- • Folx PRO can save your login credentials for multiple torrent trackers and websites you use on a regular basis.
- • Folx PRO also has an awesome built-in torrent search option. No more scouring the internet for reliable torrent websites that don’t inundate your computer with ads. Just do a search in the Folx app and it will find the highest quality, most seeded downloads for you!
Folx is also fully compatible with Mac’s latest operating system — Catalina. And for this reason, and the many reasons listed above, we think it’s the best download manager for Mac available.
How to manage downloads on Mac with Folx:
- Download and install Folx.
- Copy link to the file you want to download.
- Open Folx and choose New task in File menu or simply press ‘+’ button in the main app window.
- Choose where to save downloaded file and assign one or more tags to your download, so you can easily find it later.
- Configure additional download settings (for PRO users): select the number of simultaneous download threads, schedule download for later start, set up saved authentication credentials.
- Press ‘OK’ and wait until the download is finished.
2. Ninja Download Manager
Another top download manager for Mac to consider is Ninja Download Manager from Knockout Soft. Ninja DM is a download manager that was first designed for the PC user, then reformatted for Mac users, so its interface can be a little “PC-like”. It is, however, reliable, and has some pretty cool features and is currently available on macOS Catalina.
Pros of Ninja DM:
- • Like Folx, Ninja DM allows you to increase download speed by using multiple threads, or connections.
- • Ninja DM also allows you to pause and resume downloads.
- • Much like Folx, Ninja DM also offers a download scheduler, but, again, this option is not free.
Cons of Ninja DM:
- • Ninja Download Manager does not offer a free version. The cheapest version is $19, and that is if you’re just using it on one computer.
- • Many Mac users find Ninja DM’s user interface too dark and difficult to navigate. As we mentioned before, it was not initially designed with the Mac user in mind.
JDownloader is an open-source Internet downloader that was originally written in Java — a software language that is quickly becoming outdated — but it still has some pretty cool features, which is why we’ve included it in our list of the best download managers for Mac. It’s also available to use on Mac’s newest OS — Catalina.
Pros of JDownloader:
- • JDownloader is an open-source download manager for Mac that is platform independent. This means it can be modified (via fairly simple coding) to work on any operating system.
- • JDownloader is especially efficient when downloading from one-click hosters like Rapidshare or Megaupload.
Cons of JDownloader:
- • This application was written in Java (a mostly outdated software language), which makes it pretty slow on startup.
Leech is another contender among the best download managers for Mac. The main focus of Leech is to smoothly integrate with your Internet browser. Its interface is simple — drag and drop a URL into the app and you’re good to go. You also have the option to set a username and password for corresponding servers. E.g. if you have a premium account on uploaded.net for high downloading speed, you can set up an automatic login to your account whenever Leech catches the link from uploaded.net. No need to have any extensions for web browsers in order to use automatic download link catching.
Pros of Leech:
- • Lightweight — meaning it won’t take up much space on your harddrive.
- • Very simple to use, appealing user interface.
- • Available on Mac’s newest OS — Catalina.
Cons of Leech:
- • Some users complain that Leech does not offer enough options when it comes to setting up “rules” for your downloads.
5. Free Download Manager
Another top download manager for Mac to check out is called Free Download Manager. FDM does everything a download manager for Mac should do: resumes broken downloads, increases download speed, adjusts available bandwidth, schedules activity and even supports BitTorrent protocol. All these features for zero price make FDM a solid choice. It’s also fully supported on Mac’s latest OS — Catalina.
Pros of Free Download Manager:
- • It’s completely free!
- • Like most download managers, FDM increases download speed, adjusts available bandwidth.
- • One of only two download managers for Mac that combine torrent with regular downloading.
Cons of Free Download Manager:
- • One thing to note about FDM is that it was originally released as an open-source software, so older versions are susceptible to malware. Be sure to download this program from the original vendor.
iGetter is a very popular choice among Mac users when it comes to download managers. It’s known as one of the best download managers for Mac because it is completely free and has been around for a long time.
iGetter provides Mac users with high speed downloading by using segment downloaded for boosting up the speed. With the possibility to resume broken downloads unstable network connection is not a problem anymore.
Pros of iGetter:
- • Completely free!
- • Easily integrates with most Internet browsers.
Cons of iGetter:
Previous North American versions sold worldwide Soccer Manager. The Football Manager 2010 demo was released on October 14, 2009. It is also available for digital download on Steam and iOS. Football manager 2015 mac download free full version pc. This is the first version of the series to be sold under the name Football Manager around the world.
- • As of now, iGetter does not support the latest versions of Chrome, nor is it compatible with Mac’s newest OS — Catalina.
- • Many complain that its user interface is dated and confusing to navigate.
Maxel is a download manager for Mac that prides itself on being user friendly and streamlining downloads using the most reliable file transfer protocols — namely, HTTP, HTTPS, and SFTP. The “s” in these acronyms stands for “secure”, meaning that, if you’re worried about viruses or malware, and protecting your privacy, you should always utilize HTTPS or SFTP. The only reason you might utilize non-secure protocols, such as FTP or HTTP is if your browser doesn’t support SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), which is very uncommon in most modern Internet browsers.
Pros of Maxel:
- • Maxel offers the option to use browser plugins.
- • Maxel has the ability to optimize your download speed by breaking your download into over 100 segments.
- • Currently available for macOS Catalina.
Cons of Maxel:
- • Navigating through the menus on Maxel’s app can be somewhat complicated.
- • Limited features on the free version.
8. Progressive Downloader
Progressive Downloader is among the best download managers for Mac because it offers a wide variety of features. It can resume interrupted downloads, offers multi-threaded downloading, browser integration, etc. Progressive also has a built-in mirror search option to help find mirrors (copies of the same file you’re downloading, but in different locations) for large files.
Pros of Progressive Downloader:
- • Tons of features — this is a great piece of software for those Mac users who download multiple files every day.
- • Compatible with Mac’s newest operating system — Catalina.
Cons of Progressive Downloader:
- • The download speed acceleration leaves a lot to be desired, as Progressive is only capable of splitting downloads into three threads.
Fastest Free Youtube Downloader Mac 2012 Download
9. Xtreme Download Manager
We consider Xtreme Download Manager to be among the best download managers for Mac because of its pleasing user interface and its lightweight size. This program also boasts that it can increase your download speed by up to 500%, but we’re not so sure about that. It does, however, offer a ton of features — including download scheduling — so you can set up your Internet downloads to begin at times when you’re away from your computer.
Pros of Xtreme Download Manager:
- • Clean and intuitive user interface makes it easy to use, even for beginners.
- • Has the capability to automatically identify the type of file you’re downloading and sort it into an appropriate category — i.e., documents, movies, music, etc.
Cons of Xtreme Download Manager:
- • Xtreme DM does not currently have the capability to automatically resume interrupted downloads.
- • Not currently supported by some popular Internet browsers, including Firefox.
- • Xtreme DM is currently not available on Mac’s latest OS: Catalina.
10. Download Shuttle
Download Shuttle is one of our top download managers for Mac, as it is a simple solution for managing multiple downloads and accelerating transfer speeds. This application can split your downloads in multiple segments and download them all at once, handle links with authentication, and includes basic, but effective, link management options.
In the main window of the app you can see the list of your downloads, and the top toolbar has the buttons for basic functions, including the option to add or remove links. Download Shuttle also offers an inspector window with the detailed info about the status of each segment, and supports QuickLook (access data about the downloaded file). It’s also compatible with macOS Catalina.
Pros of Download Shuttle:
- • Many users praise Download Shuffle for its ultra-fast download speed, especially when downloading very large files, such as HD movies.
- • Pleasing user interface that offers features for those Mac users who are doing multiple tasks at once.
Cons of Download Shuffle:
- • Does not work with YouTube.
- • Does not allow the users access to their download queue.
iNetGet is another download manager for Mac that is worth a mention here. This application was originally developed as a tool for Mac users with some programming experience, but it’s come a long way since its release. Like most download managers, it supports HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP protocols, and has the capability to resume interrupted downloads. It can also split downloads into multiple threads to increase download speed.
Pros of iNetGet:
- • iNetGet is fast and fully integratable with most Internet browsers.
- • Offers a great user guide for newcomers to the downloading scene.
- • Compatible with macOS Catalina.
Cons of iNetGet:
- • Some complain that iNetGet’s interface is not very intuitive and can be challenging for newcomers. Perhaps this is why they offer such a thorough “help” guide.
12. Neat Download Manager
We consider Neat Download Manager to be among the top download managers for Mac because it is a lightweight, simple to use application. Neat is a newcomer to the download manager scene and it is quickly making a name for itself, but its developers are still working through some kinks. We’re looking forward to seeing Neat’s developers improve upon its features, though, as it is a promising app, and it’s available on Mac’s newest OS — Catalina.
Pros of Neat Download Manager:
- • Offers Internet browser extensions so you can easily download audio and video content from a variety of websites.
- • Uses a dynamic segmentation algorithm that increases your download speed significantly.
- • Only takes up 1 MB of space on your harddrive.
Cons of Neat Download Manager:
- • As we mentioned, Neat is a relatively new software, so bugs are not uncommon.
- • Not a lot of features yet. Currently only has basic downloading capabilities, such as acceleration and segmentation.
13. Persepolis Download Manager
Persepolis is a bit different from the top download managers for Mac we’ve listed above. While it can be used on its own, as a stand-alone download manager, it was also designed as a Graphical User Interface (GUI) for a program called aria2. Aria2 is a download manager that is designed to be used on your Mac’s Terminal application — Terminal is a command line program that most Mac users, unless you’re a software engineer, will probably never see or use. So, Persepolis offers a more user-friendly interface through which to download files via aria2, as well as being a stand-alone download manager.
Pros of Persepolis:
- • Persepolis is an open-source software — meaning that users can download the application and re-write the code to better suit their needs.
- • Persepolis is compatible with macOS Catalina.
Cons of Persepolis:
- • Persepolis is only downloadable from a website called GitHub, where users can upload anything they want. This means it’s much more prone to viruses and malware.
- • Unless you’re a software developer who wants to seriously customize your downloading experience, this app is just not worth the risk of downloading from an “untrusted” site.
FlareGet is primarily known as a download manager for Linux. Linux is by far the most popular open source operating system but it’s not a commonly used download manager for Mac. Again, “open source” means that the actual code that runs FlareGet is available for anyone to use and customize. But, FlareGet operates on macOS Catalina just fine, too. It’s interface is simple, if a bit dated.
Pros of FlareGet:
- • FlareGet offers full Metalink support — meaning that you can use FlareGet to replace your chosen Internet browser’s default download manager.
- • FlareGet is fast. It has the capability to split files into 32 threads.
Fastest Free Youtube Downloader Mac 2012 Download
Cons of FlareGet:
- • Most of FlareGet’s most helpful features are only available on the Pro version, which will set you back 20 bucks.
- • Again, unless you’re a software developer or code guru, FlareGet is just overkill for the average Mac user.
Tips on Choosing the Best Download Manager for Mac:
- • Download manager has to be safe, not to contain any malware or adware.
- • To be present in the top-list download manager should be compatible with the latest macOS - Catalina.
- • Any of download managers that are worth your attention should have an option of splitting downloads.
- • Possibility to schedule downloads is also a must have for any download manager.
- • To be named the best download manager, this app should also have an option of Web-browser integration.
- • Speed control - one more great feature for download manager.
- • Compact and user-friendly interface.
Best Free Youtube Downloader For Mac
Of course there is so much more about every download manager listed and you can always download the ones you think will suit you best and try them out to make sure you've got the best download manager of 2020.